||SGAG Skill Generator Assessment Game|
||DZS Centre for International Cooperation in Education|
|Coordinator||TEMPO Training and Consulting, Repubblica Ceca|
Partners of the project carried out a study in each of the project partner’s country among VET providers and employers, in order to suit the project activities directly to the needs of apprentices/VET students and their future employers. Based on the study, the transversal skills for this project were chosen. Such as time management, the use of sustainable business model, communication, problem solving and team work. Both sides have ensured the need for a project as the present one and future potential cooperation were established.
During the project, the partners will create an e-course to provide educational materials on the skills needed by the market, a digital serious game, used as practical application of the information gained, and a scoring system, used as an assessment method. The platform hosting those tools will be available for apprentice and VET students, teachers, counsellors and other professionals working with young adults.
The SGAG products have been prepared to offer a concrete support to teachers and educators, but also youth workers and work instructors, tutors, mentors and any other education professional supporting young people from 13 to 19 years of age personal development.
- Offer information and details on selected soft skills
- Raise awareness on the relevance of soft skills in today labour market and society
- Offer educators, teachers and other professionals in the education/training sector an easy and ready to use e-learning course and a game
- Offer learners a new and innovative way to learn and practice soft skills
- Offer learners a safe environment where to test and analyse the different skills acquired.
- Teachers’ Manual offers an overview on the 25 soft skills described in the e-Course and tested in the game. It illustrates also the benefit of soft skills training, and their relevance in relation to everyday life or work situation.
- SGAG e-Course is a modular course, ready to use either as class activities support thus illustrated by a teacher during a class or used for students’ individual study.
- SGAG Game is a virtual space where learners can test and experiment soft skills. The game form has been selected to offer young people a more engaging experience.
- Evaluation is embedded in the game; it works as a scoring system and offers some simple feedback based on the points gained during the simulation.
The European Commission’s support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents, which reflect the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.