|Project title||DIG IN Promoting youth entrepreneurship to foster NEETs social & work inclusion, using digital youth work and collaborative techniques|
|Financed by||Foundation for the Development of the Education System, Poland|
|Coordinator||Fundacja imienia Braci Solunskich – Cyryla i Metodego|
Today, nearly 40% of employed people in the European Union are in atypical employment (not working under a full-time, open-ended contract) or self-employed. Globally, the McKinsey Global Institute estimates that by 2030, up to 375 million workers (14% of the workforce) will need to switch occupational categories in order to meet the needs of a shifting labour market. The change of working environment driven by technological advancement, global connectivity and information overload will require young people to develop a set of skills that will allow them to compete and survive in societies that are becoming more complex and unpredictable.
DIG IN project proposes a programme that addresses the personal development of NEET, focusing especially on building their motivation for participating in society and contributing to the labour market, increase their confidence as citizens, while enhancing employability skills using entrepreneurship as an activator for interest and using new ICT based strategies to get in touch with educators and society.
Within the project lifespan the partners are going to:
- Establish a STRONG PARTNERSHIP among the 6 participating organization + 15 key complementary stakeholders (local communities, associations, employment centres, key social partners…), to enhance everybody’s ability to tackle common issues and offering innovative and efficient services to youth with economic disadvantages
- Create MULTILINGUAL MATERIALS AND TOOLS aimed at preparing professionally 20 EDUCATORS coming from the partners’ organization or associated local NGOs to offer them solid background knowledge on digital youth work, mentoring via ICT and assessment techniques for themselves and for the youth they are assisting
- Create the DIG IN program used to empower and increase youth all around skills and assess it with 10 experts coming from key stakeholders to make sure the proposed methods can be easily transferred to a wide number of stakeholders, ensuring sustainability and exploitation after the end of the project
- Engage local communities, stakeholders and in particular, 40 MENTORS from key local SMEs and enterprises to participate to the online community and network, created to offer a safe and nurturing environment for the young participants
- Pilot the DIG IN method and tools during 4 testing programs, organized with the trained educators and aimed fostering social and work inclusion of 150+100 young NEETs coming from targeted communities
- Organize 4 multiply events aiming at offer the program to other 100 organizations thus ensuring the exploitation and sustainability of the results of the project in the long period.
- Disseminate the partial and final results and products of the project by informing and involving 250 Stakeholders at the EU level to ensure sustainability and diffusion even after the project lifetime
The key objective of the partnership is to offer:
- New OUTREACH strategy that make use of ICT and new media to increase NGOs and youth associations’ ability to reach, engage and motivate NEETs
- A COLLABORATIVE LEARNING space where NEETs can create new opportunities for themselves and connecting with peers, while enhancing their employability and entrepreneurial skills
The European Commission’s support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents, which reflect the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.