||Employable Young People|
||UK Erasmus National Agency|
|Coordinator||West Lothian Chamber of Commerce Limited|
The project will promote the empowerment, participation and the active citizenship of young people NEET by using an effective model of engagement, to ensure they have the life skills and knowledge to access training or employment, making informed choices, and enabling them to overcome barriers to participation.
By taking part in the programme, participants will experience the following benefits:
- Reduction of negative and anti-social behaviour patterns.
- Improved civic participation amongst our target beneficiaries and increased awareness of social responsibilities.
- Increased access to training and employment and inclusion.
- They will have wider perspectives on topics as EU values, active citizenship and participation in democratic life.
- To develop a model to support NEET improve self-confidence, self-esteem, interpersonal skills, behaviour and attitude;
- To create a strong support network made up of companies, public institutions, social services, VET providers that can support the partners during the project activities;
- To engage disadvantaged young people of the targeted areas/community, to participate in the programme activities and the transnational exchange.
- To disseminate the partial and complete outcomes of the Project to a wider audience in the EU, and define channels of sustainability based on the support already obtained at implementation phase and built during the networking activities.
- 1. SHARE: Create a stable local network. Let it set and share objectives and strategies to support young people. Form local groups with NEETs.
Organise the personal development camp.
- 1. MEASURE: Measure companies’ sustainability with the free LICET test and possibility to absorb participants (in the long term). Assess NEETS and create personalised competence balance. Organise camp for ability development (communication, time management, English lessons, active citizenship, sense of initiative and entrepreneurship, etc.) and other activities with the community to foster inclusion and participation.
- 2. COMMUNICATE: Companies report on the results of the measurement and the partners offer tips and information on how to involve actively disadvantaged people in social/work life.
Organise a camp for work preparation (CV writing, mock interviews, safety in a work environment, work in team, etc.) and other follow up activities.
- 3. GROW: signpost NEETs to specific training, and support job insertion.
Organise the international camp for selected youth (just during the project duration).
The European Commission’s support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents, which reflect the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.